This site is now live on WordPress, having converted from b2evolution. While there wasn’t anything specifically wrong with b2evolution, my recent experiences with a few sites using WordPress has shown me how much easier WordPress is to use. I have my old theme back, since the b2evo version of the theme was broken by an application update awhile back.
I used a conversion script to convert. It was half successful. While it did import users and posts, it did not import any category or tags, requiring a lot of rework. The real problem with the script is that roughly 1/3 of the posts got truncated. This required a manual check of every post, which took far longer than I would have liked.
Overall, I’m not sure how much time the conversion script really saved me, because copying all of the posts manually might have been easier becaus e it would not have required all of the rework and double-checking.
I helped setup a website this week, check it out: http://www.desertwheel.com/
The site uses WordPress, which I am strongly debating moving this site to. While I don’t have any significant issues with b2evolution, I really like the ease of use that WordPress offers.
I haven’t been posting too much lately. I have been having problems getting Google to crawl this site since moving to b2evolution. I was a little nervous that I’d have to move all content to new blog software, so I was a little de-motivated to write too much. However it looks like the crawl issues have been resolved, as I figured out that b2evolution doesn’t handle obscured URLs very well (or Google didn’t handle them very well). Either way, it’s resolved now—so I’ll start posting more often again.
I’m trying out b2evolution for this site instead of Drupal. I don’t have any specific issue with Drupal, however I wanted to try something new.